Came across this error when trying to upgrade ESXi to a newer version
The upgrade has VIBs that are missing dependencies:
- First you want to take a backup of the ESXi config
- Open an SSH session to the host
- Run these two commands and download the file with your web browser by going to the link generated
vim-cmd hostsvc/firmware/sync_config vim-cmd hostsvc/firmware/backup_config
4. Then you need to find the actual VIB name (but replace with part of your VIB name from the error)
esxcli software vib list | grep esx-nsxv Example output: [root@esx1:~] esxcli software vib list | grep esx-nsxv esx-nsxv 6.5.0-0.0.7119877 VMware VMwareCertified 2018-01-16
5. Check to see if the VIB is in use by the host by running these commands:
esxcfg-scsidevs -a esxcfg-nics -l
6. If the VIB is not in use, it can be removed with this command:
esxcli software vib remove -n <vib name> EX: esxcli software vib remove -n esx-nsxv
7. The host will need to be rebooted to fully remove the VIB
And that’s it!
This Post Has One Comment
Straight to the point steps, thanks!!