Adding your domain to Microsoft 365 is a very straightforward process. You will need access to your domain’s DNS service to complete the domain verification. Depending on where your domain is hosted, most of this work can be done automatically for you. Mine is hosted on Google Domains, so I entered my records manually. If this helps you, please leave a comment and let me know! Also, feel free to share on social media.
Here we go!
1. Login to https://admin.microsoft.com
2. Navigate to Settings -> Domains (if this doesn’t appear, click show all)
3. Select Add a domain
4. Enter your domain name in the box and click continue
5. Select how you want to verify you own this domain, I chose TXT. If your DNS doesn’t support TXT, select MX
6. Add the provided TXT value to your DNS records
7. Select verify in the domain configuration (note: it may take up to 48 hours for your DNS changes to replicate across the internet. Mine took about 15 min.
8. Once that is complete, your domain is officially validated and you are able to update your SPF and MX records if you’re ready to do so.
9. Optional: Add DNS records to complete the domain setup
10. Done! Look out for for posts about configuring Microsoft 365!